The death toll from an Islamist militant assault on travellers along a road in northeast Nigeria has risen to 143, an official from the local branch of the Environmental Protection Agency said on Friday.
In the attack on Tuesday, Boko Haram militants wearing military uniforms stopped traffic on a highway between the cities of Maiduguri and Damaturu, dragging people out of their vehicles and killing them, witnesses and security sources said. The initial toll was given as more than 20.
"We have been picking corpses off the roadsides all day, there are more in the bush, they are all travellers shot at or slaughtered by Boko Haram gunmen who attacked on Tuesday night. We have so far picked up 143 corpses," the official, Abdulazeez Kolomi, said.
Friday, 20 September 2013
Death toll from Boko Haram attack rises to 143
Related Posts:
Former South African president,Mandela, taken to hospital Former South African President Nelson Mandela is in "serious but stable" condition after being taken to ahospital to be treated for a lung infection, the government said Saturday, prompting an outpour… Read More
Balotelli blasts Usain Bolt in Twitter rowAC Milan forward Mario Balotelli has hit out at Usain Bolt on Twitter following an interview the star athlete gave to Italian media.The two-time triple gold medal-winning Olympic sprinter is in Rome for the Dia… Read More
Two men filmed carrying out 'bizarre' robbery are jailed George Nicol, 37, and David Fowler, 27, smashed a sewage truck through the glass doors of HSBC in Blantyre, Lanarkshire, in October of last year, causing almost £200,000 worth of damage. Dramatic images captured by closed… Read More
Lecturer Thrown Out Naked After He Tried Molesting A Female Student (18+ PHOTOS) Guys, the naked man in the picture you see above is supposedly a lecturer in Delta State University, Theatre Arts department. The lecturer had threatened to fail one of his female students Tega if she re… Read More
International soldiers killed in Afghan 'insider attack' A man wearing Afghan army uniform was said to have opened fire on soldiers in Paktika province, close to the border with Pakistan, Isaf forces have taken a series of measures to try to halt such attacks. An Italian sol… Read More
0 comments:
Post a Comment