Category 6 (Carousel)

Monday 14 October 2013

“I knew I would Score” – Super Eagles Emmanuel Emenike

Two goal hero Emmanuel Emenike says he had confidence he
would get a goal despite the tight attentions of Ethiopian
defenders in the Super Eagles’ 2-1 win yesterday.Ethiopia took
the lead 10 minutes into the second half, but Emenike held off
three defenders to rip in a ferocious equaliser soon after
“I was not worried at all even though they were marking me very

tight,” Emenike told KickOffNigeria.com immediately after the
game. “I knew I could score with a shot because my shots are
very strong, I just wanted to get the right moment.”
“We were not worried. We knew that they would come at us, and
we had to save our energy for the second half.” And with the
result secured, Emenike says Brazil is not far off.
“It is not over yet, we still have to play the remaining 90 minutes
at home. After that, we can celebrate.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment