Category 6 (Carousel)

Friday 5 July 2013

Rooney is staying at Manchester United, says Moyes


The new boss at Old Trafford has been speaking at a press conference and claims the wantaway England international will be staying at the club

David Moyes has insisted striker Wayne Rooney is not for sale and will remain a Manchester United player.

The 50-year-old attended his first press conference as Sir Alex Ferguson's successor at Old Trafford and immediately faced questions on Rooney's future at the club.

Despite refusing to state whether the player categorically asked to leave the club, Moyes was adamant that the England international is not for sale and is working well under his management.

"I’m sure it’s a question on your lips and you couldn't wait to get it out, but the fact of the matter is Wayne’s not for sale," Moyes told reporters.

"He's a Manchester United player and will remain a Manchester United player. Let’s not kid
ourselves, he’s a terrific player and he won’t be for sale.

"We’ve spoken several times and I’m saying whatever has happened before has gone, we’re working together now.

"I see a little glint in his eye at the moment. He looks happy, he looks as if he’s saying ‘I’m going to knuckle down, I’m going to get myself right’ and I can only say I’ve been impress with how he’s done."

Moyes is hoping to improve Rooney's form in the build-up to England's World Cup campaign and is focusing on helping him challenge for the privilege of becoming the club's greatest ever goalscorer.

"It's interesting to think that Wayne is only 50 goals behind Sir Bobby Charlton and 40 behind Dennis Law.

"We’re looking to see how we can get Wayne Rooney getting those goals which are going to challenge Bobby Charlton and Denis Law’s numbers.

"This country has got a World Cup to hopefully play in, so for everybody’s benefit we’re trying to get him in a condition where everybody he’s getting much more like the Wayne Rooney we all know.

"I’ve had several meetings with Wayne. He’s training brilliantly well, he’s come back in good shape and I’m really looking forward to working with him.

"So as far as I’m concerned the way he is working I am more than happy to work with him and get success."
Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments:

Post a Comment