Category 6 (Carousel)

Monday, 15 July 2013

iPhone 5 allegedly electrocutes a Chinese woman

AN IPHONE 5 allegedly electrocuted a Chinese woman to death when she used the handset while it was charging.
Ma Ailun, a 23 year old airline stewardess, reportedly was killed when she answered a phone call on her iPhone 5 while it was charging. That's what her family is claiming, having taken to Chinese microblogging website Weibo to urge others not to make the same mistake.
Ma's older sister said in a post on the social network, "[I] hope that Apple Inc. can give us an explanation. I also hope that all of you will refrain from using your mobile devices while charging."
While it might sound like an unlikely story, a report at China Daily
confirms that,according to local police, Ma did die of electrocution, although it's yet to be determined whether the iPhone 5 was the cause. The phone and its accessories have been handed over for investigation.
Since the incident, experts have said that using any electrical device while it's charging can be dangerous and should be avoided.
Jonny Sin Kin-on, a professor at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology said, "There is a risk using an electrical device while its installed battery is being charged, be it a shaver or a phone."
Apple issued a statement on Sunday saying, "We are saddened by this unfortunate accident and our deepest condolence goes to the victim's family. We will conduct a thorough investigation and be fully cooperative."
Enhanced by Zemanta
Reactions:

0 comments:

Post a Comment