Category 6 (Carousel)

Friday 16 August 2013

Comedian De-don donates kidney to save brothers life

Popular comedian and OAP Iruvwe Okeremute aka De-Don donated his kidney to his ailing
elder brother, Morris Okeremute, who urgently needed a transplant to survive. De Don traveled
to India a few weeks back to donate his kidney. He explains why he did it in a new interview
"My brother started having this kidney problem in 2009. My elder sister donated her kidney
to him at the time but unfortunately in January 2013 the kidney failed because he didn't
take his drugs for some weeks because the drugs he ordered from India arrived late. Se
when he needed another kidney it was natural that I donate to him. It wasn't difficult
making up my mind because I needed to save his life. I equally had a proper awareness
about kidney donation and also the fact that nothing happened to my sister who had
donated before. She even had another baby boy after the donation.


0 comments:

Post a Comment