No fewer than 20 persons were believed to have been killed in Sabon Gari area of Kano on
Monday night as suspected terrorists detonated about four bombs in the neighbourhood.
It was learnt that one of the explosions, believed to have been carried out by Islamic sect,
Boko Haram, occurred at a drinking joint in Sabon Gari, where most of the non-indigenes
reside.
The blasts occurred on Igbo Road,
Enugu Road and New Road, opposite Ado Bayero Square.
The first blast was said to have occurred at about 9.12pm near International Hotel, while
the second blast followed three minutes later.
Security forces immediately condoned off both sites, which prevented people from moving
closer to the places hit by the explosions.
A resident of the area, who spoke to one of our correspondents on the telephone, said
there were series of explosions, which had created pandemonium in the commercial area
of the state capital.
The resident, who craved anonymity, said the explosions were still ongoing as of 10pm,
adding that there had been at least two explosions before the latest one at about 9.30pm.
It was difficult to ascertain the number of casualties of the explosions but Channels TV, in
its 10pm news report, said about 20 people had been killed.
The spokesman for the Joint Task Force, Captain Ikedichi Iweh, confirmed the explosions
but refused to give details.
The Commissioner of Police, Kano State, Mr. Musa Daura, who confirmed the incident,
however claimed that six persons were killed during the blasts while six others were
injured.
Source
Tuesday, 30 July 2013
20 Die In Fresh Bomb-blasts In Sabon Gari Kano
Related Posts:
Veteran Actor Pa-Kasumu Battles Heart And Liver Diseases, NeedsOur Help To Live Nollywood actor Olukayode Odumosu, popularly known as Pa Kasumu, is in dire straits. He is struggling to stay alive as he battles heart and liver diseases. Amid fears and prayers by family members, relations and friends, he … Read More
Shocking Photo: Police arrest Philipino who stores human parts in refrigerator Dear friend the photos you are about to view is shocking and highly disturbing, therefore we advice you use your discretion, if you can’t stand it close your eyes.... Indonesia’s police have arrested a 29-year-old Ph… Read More
Breaking News! Mike Tyson says "am in the verge of dying" Former heavyweight boxing champ Mike Tyson made some stunning revelations about his ongoing drug and alcohol addiction during a press conference Friday. “I haven’t drank or took drugs in six days, and for me that’s a mir… Read More
Breaking News! Suspected Cow Thieves Kill Family of NineNine members of a family were allegedly killed in the early hours of yesterday in Kukek village of Barkin Kogi, Foron District in Barkin Ladi Local Government Area of Plateau State. Suspected Fulani cow rustlers were said to … Read More
Boko Haram kills 44 people praying at a Mosque in Borno state According to Associated Press, over 44 people praying in a mosque in Borno State were gunned down by suspected members of Boko Haram on Sunday August 11th. The heavily armed terrorists were said to be wearing military camo… Read More
We are living in a world where there is a lot of violence. I hope humanity will come to its senses and stop this senseless killing.
ReplyDelete