Category 6 (Carousel)

Friday 7 June 2013

Usain Bolt beaten by Justin Gatlin at Rome meeting

Justin Gatlin beat Olympic champion Usain Bolt by one-hundredth of a second to record a surprise 100m win in Rome.
Bolt, 26, was fastest out of the blocks at the Diamond League meeting but American Gatlin, 31, powered past the Jamaican to win in 9.94 seconds.
"I need two months to get ready so I am not worried," he said.


Usain was making his first appearance in the Diamond League this season since his recent recovery from a hamstring injury. Usain explained what happened to him:
"I got the perfect start that I wanted, then about five steps in I stumbled a bit and that kind of threw my game off. My legs didn't feel like my legs coming into the straight. I guess I need to do more strength work. I think I just need time to get it back together but the fact I got a good start threw me off. At least I got under 10 seconds. 
 "It is always a good thing to lose. You can figure how to step it up. I knew I wasn't in great shape but I'm not worried. It takes time to get back into shape and I didn't expect much from this race."
Usain's next race will be in the men's 200m in next Thursday's Diamond League meeting in Oslo. 

1 comments:

  1. The gratitude οf every home in our Ӏsland, in our Empіre, and indeed throughоut thе world, except
    in the abodes of the ցuilty, goes out to the British airmеn աho, undaunted bʏ odds,
    unwearied in their constant challenge and moгtal danger, arе turning the tide of the world war
    by their prowess and by their devotion. Never in the field of human conflict աas ѕo mucҺ owed by so many to so
    few.

    my weblog; scientology

    ReplyDelete