Category 6 (Carousel)

Monday 10 June 2013

My Relationship With Psquare Is Still Cordial - May D



His musical influences include Michael Jackson, Fela Anikulapo Kuti, Craig David to mention a few. A graduate of Mass Communication from the University of Lagos (Unilag), May D released his first singles "Cool Temper" and "Sound track' in 2011 to an appreciative level of positive reviews from the industry insiders. ANTHONY ADA ABRAHAM writes on his reason for leaving PSquare.
He featured on PSquare's Invasion Album, collaborating on 'Chop My Money' which also featured Akon on the remix and on 'Do as I Do' which also had Tiwa Savage on it.
In early 2012, he released his second singles 'Ile Ijo', 'Gat Me High', and 'You Want 2 Know Me', which featured PSquare.
At the early stage, May D was defining his own space in the Nigerian Music scene, trying to find his feet and carve a niche for himself. With the release of his video,'Ile Ijo', the May D factor grew further.
In October 2012, he started his own label, Confam Entertainment and
subsequently released 'Use Me' and the video for 'Gat Me High' to rave reviews.
In February 2013, he released 'So Many Tinz', which is the official last single before the release of his album.
A great singer and dancer, May D has performed to a great number of audiences from all over Nigeria, parts of Africa and Europe.
He is definitely the next thing to watch out for in the industry, as according to him, he has not started yet. "The big one is yet to come".
The Beginning:
In life, consistency defines everybody's dreams. When I started, it was like a child's play. I didn't know it was coming to this point, but I knew what I wanted in life. I knew I could do something reasonable with my life rather than my course of study .In this country of ours most people go to school with the sole aim of working with government organisations forgetting that every individual has something unique that diferentiate him from others which gives him product to the market.
I had a different vision all together. I knew I had something in me that was beyond taking my certificate from one office to another, and like a button pusher, I kept pressing my button to unlock that door. I was simply consistent, determined, and confident. I simply had that zeal and belief that it will work. Despite all the challenges, I knew I was going to get there.
It's natural as one continues to pursue his or her career to begin to ask questions whether what one dreams of will materialise or not, but even at that, you must swiftly wave aside any of those negative thoughts. Those are really the actual huddles, and not what confronts one on the path to success. I love my dream towards greatness, and I will continue to be passionate about it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment