Category 6 (Carousel)

Tuesday, 10 December 2013

17-Year-Old Girl Injects Flesh Eating Bacteria Into Her Genitals

A teen girl is suffering from severe injuries after she injected a flesh-eating bacteria into her genitals,
according to hospital officials in Mexico.
Officials in Mexico are warning the public about a gruesome illness caused by the drug “Krokodil.” The incident is the first to be officially recorded in the state of Jalisco.
According to Jose Sotero Ruiz Hernandez, an official with the National Institute of Migration, a 17-year-old in Puerto Vallarta has lacerations on her genitals she said were caused by her addiction to Krokodil.

"The girl who used this drug, had an infection that had rotted her genitals. It was not transmitted sexually. She had been using Krokodil for the past two months," Hernandez said.
The woman told authorities that the drug was available on street corners. Hernandez said that the drug is also being sold in Mexico City.
Krokodil is a street drug similar to heroin that is produced by cooking crushed codeine pills with household chemicals. It is much cheaper than heroin, and ten times more potent. However, the drug causes vascular tissue damage, which causes the flesh to rot.